Due to this year's coronavirus-imposed restrictions, we only held workshops that allowed us to strictly respect all necessary hygiene precautions (outdoors, no direct physical contact, social distancing, etc.). Our activities included weekly yoga classes, and two month-long workshops for kids: drawing with ZinaComics in July, and Dabke with Monah in August.
yoga sessions with suzane nahed
Dabke workshop with Monah el Achkar
Drawing & Comics workshop with zina comics
Previous editions of our Summer Activities included:
- Arts & Crafts Workshops for kids, led by Nada Nakouzi
- Nutrition sessions on Diabetes Self-Management (with Registered Dietician Chantal Hanna) and on Healthy Nutrition for Kids (with Registered Dietician Grace Bou Nader)
- Screening of the award winning webseries Zyara and of the short documentary Ard Bayyeh, in presence of Director Muriel Aboulrouss & Creative Producer Denise Jabbour
- Fast Fashion Awareness Day and Screening of the documentary "The True Cost"
- One-day Dabke Initiation with Monah El Achkar
- Derbakke Making Workshop and Discovery of traditional instruments with Nasser Makhoul
- Screening of the award winning short movie "My Grandfathers Photo", in presence of it's Director Wassim Geagea
- Calligraphy Workshop
- "Feelgood" Workshop for kids on Health and Nutrition in collaboration with NGO MMKN
- Zumba Classes